September 17: What are you waiting for: Part 2September 11, 2017
Win: For the teens to understand the importance of walking with other people in
their relationship with God
6:00PM - Proclaim begin at St. John 23 at the Bonfire
6:15PM - Leave for Scavenger Hunt
7:15-7:30 - Arrive back at church and have dinner
7:50 - End in worship, announcements, and prayer
- Need small group leaders organizing parents into groups to drive. Keep family groups together.
- Setup Waffle Bar during the Scavenger Hunt
- If we want to grow in our faith, commitment isn’t enough. We must be connected
- HSM is here to help, you family group is here to help
- There is no greater bond than shared adversity
- Michael Barry
- We naturally drift to what is bad for us without other people helping
- It is why Isolation is used as a punishment! It hurts us.
- But even out of isolation we still struggle without other's help
- Grace lies, she wants to eat sugar constantly, she wants to keep things away from Moses just because of fear
- There is a reason why God is 3 persons in 1. To show us the importance of being in relationship
- Being connected to others is going to make your faith grow
- Is someone mentoring you? Are you walking with someone at your level? Are you mentoring someone else?
- Only in doing these 3 things have we truly understood the circle of life. Receiving, being, and giving.
Scavenger Hunt: you will be given instructions on what to do. Parents who are driving will be given instructions beforehand
Key Steps: continue to bond with students.
- Arrive back and have waffles and chicken.
- Chas lead worship(no sound equip)
- Clarify Birthday and Events Calendar
- Next Week is our first Series Night 6-8p
- Take 2 slap bracelets and give one away and tell them about this
- Interest for Student Leaders Overnight in November or Confirmation Retreat Leader
- pass signups
- Hail Mary/Ave Maria