April 22: Scared to Death - PastApril 15, 2018
Win: For students to want to settle their past and to choose to follow God
Pre-Gather 5:30p in Student Center and Roncalli
- Core Team needs to touch base with each other and pray
- 2 people greeting at door
- Games setup at food tables
Dinner 6:00pm-6:30pm in Atrium/Roncalli
- Dinner provided by parents and Terri Z.
Gather 6:30 - 6:45pm in 102
- Game: Fear Factor
- What is something you regret doing? What is something that happened in the past that you cannot forget?
Proclaim 6:45pm-7:10pm - 102
- Proclaim: Paul
- Questions for Same Byrne
Break 7:10pm-7:40pm – Everywhere
Bottom Line: Don’t let the fear caused from a past experience keep you from experiencing God in the future.
- Is there something in your past that you cannot forget. Time of humiliation or mistake
- What kinds of walls do you tend to build in order to manage your fear—anger, humor, sarcasm, a critical spirit, withdrawal, control, substance abuse? What are some ways that wall is limiting your future?
- Read Philemon 8–18. Talk about a time when someone advocated on your behalf. How did it affect your relationship with that person?
- What can you do this week to begin to address and settle the past and trust God with your future? How can this group support you?
Send 7:40pm-8:00pm – Roncalli
- Michindoh Retreat
- BIG Night next week
- Pray with your group before leaving