The Confirmation program is for youth who are in grade 8. The atmosphere for the program aims to engage the youth through interactive programming, games, social-competitions, and relationships. During the year, the student discovers more about the importance of the church, the sacraments, and of a deeper relationship with Jesus.
Several nights throughout the program accommodate the parents and sponsor of the youth and allow them to become more intimately involved in the process.
Additionally, service is incorporated to show the harmony of prayer and outreach in the Church. The youth attend a retreat in the fall to deepen their relationships with one another and their preparation for Confirmation. This is a sacrament of growth in the life of a Catholic and the result is the realization that it’s not a graduation from the life of the church, but rather an admission to dive more deeply into it.
Overview of Program Requirements:
Confirmation students must be registered members of the parish for six months prior to the beginning of the program.
- Weekly Attendance at Sunday Mass
- Active Involvement in Parish Life
- Entrance Interview
- (August 22 - Sept 1, 2016)
- Attendance at Wednesday evening classes (Begin September 7, 2016)
- 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Selection of a Sponsor
- Sponsors will be present at some of the classes
- Service experiences
- Saintly Social Media Project
- Confirmation Retreat (September 30 - October 1, 2016)
- Reconciliation Service (March 22, 2017)
- Submission of Baptismal certificate, if not already on file at the parish
- Registration Fee ($50 before August 15, $60 after)
- Retreat Fee ($90 - Due September 15)
(Recorded August 10, 2016)