The Confirmation program is for youth who are in grade 8. The atmosphere for the program aims to engage the youth through interactive programming, games, social-competitions and relationships. During the year, the student discovers more about the importance of the church, the sacraments, and a deeper relationship with Jesus.
Several nights throughout the program accommodate the parents and sponsor of the youth and allow them to become more intimately involved in the process.
Additionally, works of mercy are incorporated to show the harmony of prayer and outreach in the Church. The youth attend a retreat in the fall to deepen their relationships with one another and their preparation for Confirmation. This is a sacrament of growth in the life of a Catholic and the result is the realization that it’s not a graduation from the life of the church, but rather an admission to dive more deeply into it.
Overview of Program Requirements:
Confirmation students must be registered members of the parish for six months prior to the beginning of the program.
- Weekly Attendance at Sunday Mass
- Active Involvement in Parish Life
- Meet & Greet with member(s) of Confirmation team
- (August 14 -24, 2017)
- Attendance at Wednesday evening gatherings (Begin September 6, 2017)
- 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Selection of a Sponsor
- Sponsors will be present at some of the classes
- Practice the seven Corporal Works of Mercy and documentation on Instagram (details in handbook)
- Saintly Social Media Project (details in handbook)
- Confirmation Retreat
- November 17-18, 2017
- Reconciliation Service
- February 21, 2018
- Submission of Baptismal certificate, if not already on file at the parish
- Registration Fee ($50 before August 1, $60 after)
- Retreat Fee ($90 - Due November 5)
- Confirmation Mass: April 8, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
Questions about Confirmation?