Even though children at Saint John XXIII have their first celebration of Reconciliation in an interview before First Communion, the following year is the time for fuller preparation and understanding of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Children and their parents study their call to live like Christ, understanding better their actions, their sins and God's forgiveness. A full-parish communal celebration of Reconciliation follows for the children and their parents.
Coaching sessions take place on at 7:00 p.m. Monday evenings beginning September 12, 2016.
- Participation in First Eucharist preparation during second grade year.
- Participation in Faith Alive! for entire third grade school year.
- Six coaching sessions with your child (one parent present each week)
- Three parent sessions with Fr. Herb. (babysitting provided for younger siblings)
- Communal Reconciliation Service
- Weekly attendance at Sunday Mass
- Involvement in Parish Life
If you have a child who has not received the Sacrament of Reconciliation and is older than the traditional age, please contact Marla Overholt and we will design something to fit your needs.